Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

What should you do if you receive a subpoena or other court document?

If you are on the Medford/Somerville campus and someone tries to give you a subpoena, summons or legal notice that concerns the university, you should direct them to the Office of University Counsel located in Ballou Hall, 3rd Floor, Medford.

If someone tries to “serve” you on another Tufts campus, or if the notice comes in the mail or is hand-delivered to you, please send us a copy right away by emailing The original, hard copies should be delivered to the Office of University Counsel as soon as possible.

If you receive legal paperwork on behalf of the university, you should let the Office of University Counsel know about it immediately, preferably the same day. These documents often contain important information and deadlines. Please don’t delay in passing them along to us.